Did you know that the average down time when a website is hacked is 10 DAYS!
Can you afford to NOT have your website available for that long? How much information and how many blog posts would be lost when your site finally gets back up? How much time will you have to spend recreating that lost data? How many potential clients did you lose out on because they found empty space where your site and perhaps your portfolio had been?
In a recent survey by Poneman Research on behalf of Juniper Networks they discovered that 90% of business sites were hacked in 2011.
Don’t become a statistic!
The #1 way hackers gain access to WordPress sites is through outdated plugins and WordPress software. There are also settings and adjustments that should be made to every single WordPress site to protect it as much as humanly possible against hackers.
Don’t just assume your VA or whomever setup your site is aware of and has taken care of these security settings.
I was one of the 90% who got hacked in 2011 and I have years of experience building websites and have installed WordPress hundreds of times, but until my own site went down I wasn’t aware of these settings. I had no idea that I was leaving myself wide open to disaster. If anyone should have known better it was me but it took a major disaster to open my eyes.
Since then I have made it my mission to make sure that other small business owners are not blindsided like I was. That’s why I developed the Worry Free WordPress Security Package. It protects your site and it also ensure that you can get it back up quickly if the worse does happen.
No security solution is 100% secure but with the Worry Free WordPress Package you know your site has the maximum security available with the least impact on your visitor’s experience.
The package includes:
- Timely upgrades of WordPress and all plugins, no matter how often it is necessary to do so in a given a month (there are months with 3 or even 4 updates)
- Bulletproofing of you website’s basic infrastructure to ensure it is as secure and hack proof as humanly possible.
- Full monthly backup so we can get it back up ASAP if it goes down for any reason. This backup includes WordPress, all plugins, your theme (the design elements of your site) and your database (where all content, blog posts and other important info is kept)
- 1.5 hours of troubleshooting in the event your site does go down.
- Coverage for up to 3 site (contact us to discuss bulk pricing if you have more than 3 sites)
- The knowledge that your site is as secure as it gets all the time no matter what.
When you sign up for the Worry Free WordPress Package you know that your site is safe, secure and totally up-to-date all the time for only $127/month.
Historically WordPress releases at least one and often 2 updates a month. Many of these are critical security updates and a few are bug fixes. Along with these WordPress updates many of the plugins that help run your site also need to be upgraded, and in some cases reconfigured.
I can’t stress enough how important it is to keep your WordPress software up to date. I have worked on quite a few sites that were hacked and the main reason they were vulnerable was that they had not kept WordPress current and left themselves open to malicious people who get a thrill from manipulating security holes and crashing or redirecting a website.
These were not always high traffic sites selling wildly popular stuff. One hit particularly hard was very small site with a limited number of regular visitors. Hacking this site did nothing except give the hackers a twisted thrill. However, it cost the site owner a pretty penny and her site was down for a week.