I was recently asked how someone could transfer ownership of a fan page they created to someone else. This person no longer wanted a personal profile but they did want to retain the business page and the large group of fans they had painstakingly built up.
Thankfully Facebook has (finally!) made this very easy to do.
- Login to Facebook as the initial fan page owner
- Click the edit page button on the page you want to transfer
- Click “Manage Admins”
- Add the new page owner as an admin
- Have the newly added admin log into their Facebook account and remove the outgoing initial owner as an admin
- The newly added admin is now the only admin AND the initial owner of the fan page
Please note that if the pages has more than one admin removing the initial owner will make ALL the admins co-owners of the page.