We all know that the key to bringing in site visitors is to have amazing content. But how do you keep them on your site once they get there and have read the fabulous article that brought them there? It’s simple really… give them more!
You need to find attractive, easy to implement ways to put more of your great content in front of those oh so valuable eye balls. Fortunately I am here to show you two ways to make this happen. They are both easy to add to your site, they look sharp and professional and perhaps best of all they are extremely easy for your visitors to use to jump from article to article on your blog.
As a reader you have undoubtedly seen these in action. I know I have and I really really like how easy it makes it for me to find more great information. And I am sure those sites using them love the fact that I stay on their site for so long. Another great thing to consider is that the longer a visitors stays on your site the bigger impact you are making in their mind. That means you and your site are that much more likely to come to mind when they need the services you provide.
- Nrelate Related Content– what the related content widget does it show you other articles in the blog that you might like. I like this as a blogger, because it gives my readers more content to check out. I like it as a reader, because it gives me – more content to check out. To sum it up, if I like what I see, I can see more of it. (Take a look at the bottom of this post to see it in action.)
Another thing, if you are a blogger, this widget WILL increase your page views.
Other things I like about the widget besides sharing related content and more page views:
- Available on Blogger or WordPress – easy to install on both.
- Totally customizable. You can get the look and the font size that you want.
- GREAT customer service. These guys are hard workers, and they will work hard to help you if something goes wrong.
- You can set it to run content between multiple blogs
- Ads are available for a little extra cash if you so choose
- Special Recent Posts – This widget does just what it says it lets you show recent, or random posts from your blog along with a thumbnail image. You can use this in the sidebar as a widget, on any page or posts via shortcodes or anywhere on your site you want via a little PHP code. I use this in my sidebar to show recent posts and on the home page to show random ones. This plugin comes in a free version and a paid Pro version. I have used both and frankly the difference between the two is negligible.